- 1 Who are elmo?
- 2 How Does It Work?
- 3 The following are the Costs and Fees:
- 4 Videos
- 5 FAQs
- 6 In Summary
Who are elmo?
elmo are a car subscription service that makes it super easy to get your dream car without all the hassle.
You simply pay a monthly fee and they take care of everything else – from insurance to maintenance.
Plus, you can swap out your car whenever you want!
elmo is perfect for anyone who wants the flexibility and convenience of having a car without all the headaches that come with owning one.
So whether you’re a busy professional who doesn’t have time to deal with all the paperwork and hassle of car ownership, or you’re just not ready to commit to one car for the long haul – Elmo is the perfect solution.
How Does It Work?
The signup process is one of the fastest in the industry and only takes around 5 minutes from start to finish.
- Customers create an account by uploading their driver’s license, a copy of their residency documents, and a photograph.
- To verify your eligibility, the elmo crew performs identity and driving license checks.
- For example, if you’re in York and need to be at Newcastle Airport as soon as possible, elmo can provide you with a car within one week of making your booking, dependent on vehicle availability.
- Customers receive a key to their vehicle as well as an online dashboard with all of their driving data.
- The subscription service is adaptable. It means you just need to provide 30 days’ notice to terminate the subscription or upgrade.
The following are the Costs and Fees:
Their pricing is really competitive and the aim is to price their cars on or around the lease cost price point.
Customers are first asked to pay a deposit that covers the following charges when scheduling a booking:
When making a reservation with elmo, customers are required to pay for the following items in advance:
- At the point of booking, the first month of subscription is paid upfront. The second and following months’ payments will be taken via Direct Debit.
- An admin fee of £95 is required for each new registration. This is to help cover any start-up expenses.
- You’ll be given a link to track your delivery in real-time on the day of delivery. You’ll also get notifications from the driver as he or she delivers your car.
The monthly cost is the standard package. It includes:
- All scheduled maintenance & servicing
- Breakdown cover
- Comprehensive insurance cover
- Electric car hire
The basic price of the vehicle might differ depending on how long users want it and how many miles per month you need.
Each month, a user’s mileage credit is subtracted from his or her account and the money remaining is charged to their card (though this may be rolled over and must be averaged at 800 miles every month for the rest of their term). The Brands & Models They Offer
Unlike a lot of other car subscription services, Elmo offers exclusively 100% electric cars. You can choose between two different service plans:
You can cancel your booking within 14 days of making the initial reservation, or after 72 hours of receiving the vehicle (if you receive it after the 14-day cooling-off period has expired).
You will only be charged for the days you have driven the car. Once your minimum one-month term is over, you must give them 30 days’ notice.
What’s Special about elmo?
elmo in Social Media
Instagram – @elmodrive
Twitter – @elmodrive
Facebook – elmodriveEV
LinkedIn – elmo – EV subscriptions
Are car subscription services cheaper than leasing?
Yes, car subscription services are typically cheaper than leasing because there are no long-term contracts and you’re only paying for the time that you use the car.
What is the minimum length of time of a typical contract?
There is a typical minimum length of time of one month rolling. This means you give 30 days’ notice and can cancel at any time.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time, though you may be charged a termination fee if you cancel before the end of your contract.
What is the difference between a car subscription and a traditional car lease?
A traditional car lease is a long-term contract (usually 3 years) where you make monthly payments to a leasing company. At the end of the lease, you have the option to buy the car or return it to the leasing company. A car subscription is a short-term contract (usually 1 month) where you make monthly payments to a car subscription service. There is no long-term commitments and you can cancel at any time.
elmo’s mission statement is “Subscription is the future of electric car driving. Avoid high upfront costs and enjoy flexibility. Our mission is to help everyone go electric.”
The good thing is, elmo isn’t a fly-by-night company. The UK and Europe’s largest market-leading integrated digital automobile marketplace, the Constellation Automotive Group, supports elmo. The Group runs several well-known names in the industry, including WeBuyAnyCar, BCA, CarNext, cinch, and elmo.